Friday, May 16, 2014

REVIEW: Revlon's Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation

Hello Beauties!

I've been wanting to make a review for a while now but my work was keeping me busy most of the time. But now here I am with my long overdue review of Revlon's Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation.

Revlon's Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation




PRODUCT CLAIMS

Makeup so refreshingly light, it melts right in, creating a fresh even look. So the only one that knows you are wearing makeup is you. Blends seamlessly, buildable coverage. 

Revlon’s breakthrough nearly naked makeup balances skin and makeup so they work in perfect harmony. With buildable coverage and seamless blending, you are sure to cover flaws and perfect your skin’s tone and texture. No heavy cakey or greasy mess. 

Available in 16 true to tone shades.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

For a while now, I've been looking for a foundation that not only has quality but also a good price. For a long time, my holy grail foundation has been the Revlon Photoready Liquid Foundation. Seriously, that baby didn't let me down ever! The color fits my skin tone and skin type perfectly. But lets be honest it is very costly. It is around almost a thousand pesos I believe and at this time.. I am really short on budget. So when I emptied my 2nd bottle, I decided to try something else.

I've read a lot about the Nearly Naked foundation and decided to try it. That product claim alone made me want to grab it but was too scared I'd be throwing away money on something I wouldn't like. So I've read and read reviews until one day I just decided to give it a go.

SWATCHES

For the Nearly Naked, my shade is 140 Natural Ochre which I think is one of the lightest on the warm toned shades. I checked the Revlon website and this shade is not on there weirdly. I think this specific shade is only available in Asia. I'm not sure. If you guys could explain it to me better then please comment below. :) I'm kind of new to this thing and would need to learn more. :) Alright.. I'm talking to much again!!

So here's my unblended swatch.


It appears to be a little too light for my skin but its totally not.
Here's my blended swatch.


Fits my skin perfectly doesn't it? :)

HOW IT LOOKS ON ME

This is how it looks like on me after just applying my full face makeup which consists of just the Nearly Naked foundation, Etude Dear Darling tint and Elf Waterproof Eyeliner.


I didn't set it with any powder just to see how long it will last before I get really oily.

Here's my look after 4 hours and in the sun.


I still look fresh don't I? :)


Thumbs Up

- Shade worked well with my skin tone
- Doesn't show any white cast on pictures
- Looked natural like what it claimed it will be
- Goes from semi matte to dewy finish after a while. just to emphasize.. dewy.. not oily
- Has spf 20
- Blendable and buildable
- Affordable (525 php for a 30 ml product. Not sure how much in the US)

Thumbs Down

- NO PUMP! I absolutely hate the packaging!
- not much coverage. If you have lots of blemishes to cover then you'd still need a concealer.

FINAL VERDICT

This foundation is my current go-to product whenever I go to the office, or malls and stuff like that. And here's the proof that I have already overused this product.


The name is almost all gone now. LOL.

I found some stuff about this product annoying like the packaging but all in all I think this is a good quality and affordable product that will last you a long time. 

I've read reviews that this product is a dupe for the Nars Sheer Glow which I have no idea if its true or false because I haven't tried that one. I still with the affordable ones. Hehe. So for those of you who have tried Sheer Glow you might want to try this and see if its true. Oh and don't forget to tell me if it is.

I would recommend this for people with normal skin type because it does become dewy after a while. It might not be good for those with oily skin as it would probably slide of their face after a few hours. Or it maybe possible for them to use it but with a good primer to keep the product in place and keep the oil away.

Personally, I prefer applying this product using my fingers than with a brush. For some reason it don't work out for me when I use a brush. It settles on my pores when I do and they become really noticeable. I'm not sure though if its just with me or others have better luck with using brushes than I do.

Would I recommend this product? I definitely will. Especially for those girls who ware on a budget like me, this is really a good buy!

Have you guys tried this? 

How did you like it? :)

Looking forward to talking with you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. love this review :) I love the Revlon Photoready Liquid Foundation as well! I might give this one a go though
    -C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being my first comment C! :)
      Do try it its worth it.

      Add a GFC on your account so I could add you! ^__^

      Delete